What to Wear - Winter Couples/ Engagement Session
The general answer for portrait sessions is always: simple, clean, and keep to your personal style! What you wear really will influence the look and feel of the final image, so we recommend sticking to simple styles that are unique to you!
Some pro tips to keep in mind for your couples or engagement session are:
- coordinate colors and styles: you don't necessarily have to match perfectly, but having a touch of color on each person really adds something nice and cohesive to the look
- layer up: always a winner, especially in the winter time
- wear solids and simple patterns: solid dark colors are the most flattering, keep away from large bright patterns
- stick to fitted clothing: baggier clothes can make you look larger than you are in the final images
- add some pizzaz: jazz up your outfit with some heels, a bow tie, nice watch, or statement jewelry piece
- think about the location: wear something true to the location, think about the downtown, rustic, or formal setting when picking out your outfits
- make it comfortable: we want you to be as comfortable as possible in front of the camera and part of that comes from what you wear. If you don't feel comfortable in your outfit, we recommend finding something else so your personality can really stand out in the photos!
We put together a few outfits specifically for a winter couples session as well as some prop ideas you could bring along! Don't feel like these are the definite perfect outfits for you, these are just some ideas to get you brainstorming!